Friday, February 1, 2008

This is hard!

Good bloggers make this look so easy! When I started this I felt like I had a lot of good ideas to write about stored up. I got going pretty well, things were flowing, it was fun. Now I feel like I've hit a dry spell, and it's become a chore.

Part of the problem, of course, is time. I never seem to have enough of it. I usually try to limit my weeknight meetings to no more than 2 a week, but lately that has been stretched a bit.

Coming up with good topics is the other challenge. I read a few blogs that have pretty specific niches--politics, complaining about things, food, etc.--but I don't feel strongly enough about any single topic to devote every post to it. Maybe I do, actually, but I just haven't found it yet.

It doesn't even matter that no one reads what I write. That's not why I decided to start this. I wanted to do it for myself, for that part of me that way back in the day actually was a journalism major for a very brief time. I won't give up yet.

5 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

Susan -- If you've been reading my blog a while, you'll see a lot of times I write about whatever crosses my path during the day. I'm a little embarrassed that many of my posts are about food! What can I say? I love food. Write about whatever you want. People will connect with you on many a subject. I've subscribed to your feed, and I'm off to read your post about grammar. It's a hot topic with me.

p.s. I mentioned you in my last post. I bought that BaconSalt you suggested. It's OK, but I think I got myself too psyched up for it that I was slightly disappointed. Thank you for suggesting it. It was a good experiment and I will finish the jar! It's perhaps not as bad as I make it sound.

Best,
Kathy

Susan said...

Kathy: Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it! Some days it is easy, some days not so much. Not giving up though!

Sorry the bacon salt didn't live up to the hype. Try it on potatoes, it's not bad. I thought I'd use it when I didn't feel like making bacon, but then I discovered the ultimate way to make bacon: just throw it on a cookie sheet and into the oven for a little while. Couldn't be easier!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Susan, You keep it up! I love your blog. When you feel like writing, write. When you don't, don't. I love your eclectic blog.

Susan said...

Thanks Bernie. Eclectic is a good way to describe it, I'm kind of all over the place! Guess I won't get a column in the Call dedicated to me anytime soon, though... :)