Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Florida in February

I'm heading out to Florida today for a business trip. Florida in February is never a bad thing, but I do hate the travel part. In order to get decent direct flights, Philly was the only airport choice.

I have had awful experiences flying out of Philly, and also pleasant ones. One thing I always do is make sure I am at the airport VERY early. I think traveling is stressful enough without adding the extra stress of rushing and potentially being late. I don't mind sitting at my gate for 1 1/2 hours if I have to. In fact, the last flight I took out of Philly was on Southwest and it departed at 7:30am--I was through security and at the gate by 6:15. Plenty of time to enjoy a coffee and a soft pretzel for breakfast.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm in awe of anyone who can travel alone. I have only ever flown with other people. I don't have a fear of flying. I have a fear of getting lost at the airport or missing my flight or getting on the wrong plane or not hearing announcements or .....

Bernie O'Hare said...

Susan, I envy you. We got dumped on with snow all day and tonight everything will freeze.

Susan said...

Kathy--I totally used to be like that too. I think that's probably why I got into the habit of arriving super early. Do that and have a fully charged cell phone, a credit card, and a complete change of clothes in your carry-on and you'll have no worries!

Bernie--I got a little sunburn lying by the pool, if it makes you feel any better! :)