Saturday, August 2, 2008

PhotoHunt: Clouds



My new weekly ritual, I think, is going to be Saturday PhotoHunt. It's fun to scroll through iPhoto looking for the perfect picture for the theme. This is from Portland, Maine, October 2003. It was beautiful, but colder than I expected. I don't recall seeing the sun too much that whole trip, but I guess you don't really go to Maine in October for sun. You go for lobster.

Update 9:30pm
I found myself very aware of the clouds today, and I took this picture about an hour ago. It was sunny, but the breeze was rolling in along with the dark sky. Luckily we made it home before any rain.

6 comments:

tnchick ♥ said...

Using archive's isn't really slacking but I am slacking as I've not taken near as much time as usual snapping photos! I usually always take a new photo for the theme (several do). You can use new or old photos... it doesn't matter =)

Your photo is nice, speaks tranquil. Looks like a place I'd enjoy.

Rambling Woods said...

I started on comment 241 and am working my way up to 1...I love to visit all these different places...we are all under the same sky..

Rambling Woods

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

That's pretty! :)

I've been very lax on visiting PhotoHunt sites this week. I found this entry when reading over comments you left at my place on TUESDAY!

Susan said...

tnchick--Well, since I had clouds on my mind all day, and since we saw some awesome storm clouds last night, I decided to add a new shot as well.

rambling woods--I could spend all weekend looking through all of the pics, there are some great shots.

rebecca--thanks! There just isn't enough time to get to see all of them, I agree. You need to leave tme for taking your own shots too!

JD at I Do Things said...

Cool cloud photos. They are my favorite.

bursts into song:

I've looked at clouds from both sides now...

JD at I Do Things

Susan said...

JD--I love clouds too. And Joni.