Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Camera

So it turns out that Santa is actually pretty good at picking up hints, and he left a wonderful Nikon D60 dSLR camera under the tree for me. It came with 2 dvds and a 1 inch thick manual, so it may be a while until I can do anything special with it. Back in the day I did have a fairly nice camera, so I should remember some things which I can apply to this one. Although half of what I remember involved choosing the right speed film and threading it into the camera. I don't miss that at all. At least changing the lenses seems the same.

Hopefully I will have many good photos to post soon. I'm sure there will be many of sleeping dogs, at least through the winter.

Luna was curled up in a ball sound asleep, until about 8 seconds after I got the camera out.

4 comments:

JD at I Do Things said...

Aw! You're off to a great start as a dog photographer!

JD at I Do Things

Susan said...

Thanks, JD. Although I'm looking forward to getting outside to take some pictures. The dogs don't make the best subjects, unless they are sleeping. Hey wait, that's nearly all of the time!

Bone said...

Congrats on the new camera.

If there's more to it than zoom in/zoom out/click, I don't have the patience for it.

Anonymous said...

I love your dog!! What a cute picture!